Sunday, December 3, 2017

Pantry inventory

I went over to the pantry (off the other kitchen) to turn the heater on, since 20 is the expected low tonight. And while I was there, I counted the jars of canned food, which I've been meaning to do.

Here's the 2017 inventory:
In quarts, from this year:

40 vegetable soup
93 green beans
6 shelled peas
36 snap peas
32.5 tomatoes
23 tomato sauce with herbs
10 quarts salsa (in pints)
9 spinach
4.5 sauerkraut
20 sweet pickles
5 carrots


From past years:

9.5 beet pickles
31 dill pickles
8.5 tomato sauce
13.5 borsht
6 plums
and 27 half-pints of jam

There are also 6 Jarrahdale squashes, a bag of shallots and a bag of onions.

This is to feed two people, and five dogs (four small and one medium-sized).

3 comments:

  1. Now that is an impressive pantry! I keep meaning to make a list of all my canned and dehydrated food for 2017 as well. Think I might do that today as I am feeling not particularly energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to do it for years! It'll be so handy in the future. And it feels good to celebrate all that work well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive! I did zero canning this year, my mother was very ill and lives 2 hrs from me. She on the mend now, and I managed to sow a few rows of turnips and we’ve been enjoying those(my favorite way) raw. How is your mother doing?

    Vonne

    ReplyDelete