Monday, May 5, 2014

Indoor guinea

Found J-n-E in Nadine’s room this morning (that's the classroom south of ours, named for the big maroon cabinet that used to be in there). Earl told us there was a guinea in the house last night, but I was too tired to care. I caught him and carried him out. Should have handed him over to the chickens, who are all quite indignant about what he tried to do Henley, the big black hen, yesterday. Hormones are running pretty high in guinea land.

We should probably put a couple of the males on Craig's List. Four is too many. They are too busy fighting to eat grasshoppers.

Planted four plum trees yesterday. Apparently sheep are crazy about plum leaves. I'm still pissed at them. I'll tell you about it when it starts to seem funny.

I'm off to work. I wish I could stay home and get more of the garden beds ready to plant, but nooooo. Too busy to take time off. And the back could use a rest, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment