Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A self-indulgent weekend

I got absolutely nothing done around the place this weekend. It was great. My back is wrecked, the hall is full of boxes and the garden is dry.

We spent Saturday at Part 2 of the estate sale. Awesome, it was. We came home with old books and patterns, fabric and lace, nails and hardware and cool rusty bits. C. scored this big piece of silk in a bright Art Deco pattern.





























































I spent Sunday organizing and tidying the studio. On Monday I took my lovely empty worktable and messed it all up with wooden boxes and metal bits and red things, and actually started an assemblage. It felt great. It isn't done and I'm not sure I like it, but it's a start. What great fun.

And Isabella is here for the week, while her people are vacationing in Montana. What a sweet dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment