Tuesday, July 5, 2016

A year older

So I'm sitting here getting ready for my 30-second commute to work, 58 years old and eating German chocolate cake for breakfast. Mmmm.


Em and Richard came up yesterday, bringing the party with them. That would be Liam. Liam and the cake and a silly felt hat with horns.

Then they gave me my real present, a repaired studio wall. Richard climbed up and revised the framework in the window wall, where the big wind had done some damage a few months ago. Em found a long, skinny window way back in the corner of the gym, and I cut it down to fit. Several hours later, the window wall is sealed up and looking good. I can work in there now.

I spent a lot of time with the little fellow, who babbled and stuck his tongue out at me (his new thing). I stuck mine out at him. We enjoyed that. He gave me a big grin at "Beware the Jabberwock, my son. Something something vorpal blade went snicker-snack" so we did that a bunch. Got to brush up on my literature.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment